Everyone wants to grow their business. Many agencies and consultants will sell you on a lot of really technical ideas, content marketing, funnels for every imaginable customer, and expensive software. We’ve found that simplicity and consistency are better when it comes to growing your profits. This approach helped us double a client’s sales in 2015 without giving up profit or wasting time on ineffective tasks.
Our goal is to increase your website traffic, conversion rate, and average order value so that you can grow faster with the least amount of effort. Ballistic Agency focuses on these three Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that reflect your success more than anything else.
We don’t hide what we do from our clients. We also tell our prospective clients where they are struggling and what we’re going to do to fix it. There are no secrets to great eCommerce, but it does take concentrated effort, consistency, and expertise to outline what needs to happen. To prove our point, here’s our simple three-step plan for growing your eCommerce business.
- Turn more of your shoppers into buyers with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Get more shoppers on your website with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Make each purchase more valuable by increasing your Average Order Value (AOV)
One of our core values at Ballistic Agency is Systematic Excellence, which means we don’t arrive at excellence by chance. We have a system, or a process if you will, for getting the results we want. Having our hands in some of the most successful brands in our industry for over 12 years has helped us identify what works and what doesn’t when it comes to growing eCommerce revenue. Here’s step 1 from each area of our eCommerce growth plan that you can implement on your website strategy today.
- Conversion Rate Optimization Step 1 – Make your calls to action highly visible and straightforward. Use a contrasting color for your call to action. A blue “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart” button is more noticeable on a white page than a black or gray button. Also, be aware that the words “Add to Cart” implies that the shopper should continue shopping, whereas “Buy Now” is more appropriate if the shopper should begin the checkout process now. Depending on your catalog and desired action
- Search Engine Optimization Step 1 – Write longer product descriptions. Increasing the length of each page of your website with better, more informative, and compelling text can go a long way towards getting your website noticed by Google. Don’t just copy and paste the manufacturer’s product description. Make it unique and write it in your own words so that search engines do not penalize you for using someone else’s content.
- Average Order Value Step 1 – Give buyers an incentive for adding more items or higher-priced items to their cart during checkout. If your average order value is $113, offer free shipping for orders over $150. Or maybe you can provide a small discount on products that should be purchased together. Other AOV tactics might include offering financing, volume discounts, upselling, cross-selling, or price anchoring.
The tactics outlined above are just a start but can get you moving in the right direction on your own before making an investment with an eCommerce agency like us. If you’d like help getting to the next level and getting to the next level of website growth, contact us today, and we’ll help you achieve Optimized eCommerce™.